Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Focus T25 Week 1 Day 2 - Speed 1.0


So, I marked on my calendar that I "nailed it." However, I feel like this should come with as asterisk. See, I went with Tania's modifications the entire time. Sure, it's easy to nail a workout when you skip the burpees.

But, I really shouldn't beat myself up. After all, who else gets up in the morning to work out. Sure, lots of people, but a lot MORE people just sleep in.

I'm not really "beating" myself up, I'm just letting myself get too technical, because there isn't a box that perfectly describes how I felt about this workout, which is, "I did well, but I have room to challenge myself more."

I really did like this workout, which incorporated fast movements, followed by stretching exercises that also involved balance. It felt good, and wasn't as intimidating as the name of the workout would suggest to a sleepy Phae.

I was a bit sore this morning before the workout, but I'm thinking that may have something to do with running last night. I did my C25K workout for Week 4 Day 1 at Fleet Feet Chicago - South Loop last night. Considering the heat and humidity, I didn't feel bad. I did have some side stitched try to come at me toward the end of the workout, but nothing that was a big deal. But today, my right calf muscle isn't too happy with me. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings for that muscle.

On the schedule for tomorrow is Total Body Circuit. It'll be interesting to see what this one brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment